If you find yourself constantly stressed out, try these simple tips to add more zen in your life.
There's less than 3 months left in the year, and it's typically the busiest season. With our constant hustle in high gear, it's important to keep your stress level in check to stay healthy and finish the year strong. Here's 5 ways you can reduce stress this season.
1. Get outside. There's something very therapeutic about sunshine, exercise, and digging in dirt. Grab some spf, your tennis shoes, or your garden gloves and just enjoy being out in the fresh air.
2. Shut off electronics. Unplug from everything for a set time period - this includes your phone! Start with an hour and increase it over time with practice. I am the worst at leaving the tv on all day but not actually watching it. Give yourself the gift of silence and detox from over-stimulation.
3. Treat yourself. When was the last time you did something for yourself that was purely for joy? Do you have a hobby you've neglected? Friends you haven't seen in awhile? A favorite restaurant you enjoy? A spa service that makes you feel amazing? Make your emotional health a priority this month and do it.
4. Reduce caffeine. Again, I'm terrible at this one. With the invention of the keurig, it is way too easy to drink coffee all day long. Back off the coffee and soda, replace it with water, and reap the benefits!
5. Practice being present. This one is a lot easier to do after you've done steps 1-4. Shut off everything around you and focus on the life right in front of you. Are you really playing with your child or are you checking your phone? Did you truly listen to how your spouse's day went, or did you just ask out of habit? There is so much to enjoy and be thankful for. Be present and cherish every single moment.